Zig Ziglar said, “If you help enough people get what they want, you will get what you want.”
I truly believe this and that is exactly what I am doing while putting myself out there and promoting others in my communities. I am offering a community service to my friends in local communities by giving them a 5 minute video interview, promoting them on “Community Spotlight” to my entire Social Media network.
I go one step further and have the videos transcribed and then post them as a blog post for them as well.
After interviewing the local Venice Florida business or professional, I then include them in the Community Spotlight e-mail that I send out that includes the latest Community Spotlight encouraging them to support their fellow spotlighters (creating community) by promoting the video to their social media channels!
What I do:
1. First, these are all good friends of mine. I am a heavy net-worker! I attend 4 to 8 networking events a week. So this helps to create community within “our” chambers. I offer the interview opportunity and set up a time to meet them at their place of business.
2. I use a Flip Video on a tripod. Flip is great for fast editing and uploading.
3. I then edit the beginning and the ending.
4. Upload it to YouTube
5. From YouTube it drops into my website under the Community Spotlight tab.
6. Have the video transcribed.
7. Take the transcription and screen shots from the video and then set it up as a blog post.
8. Take that link and e-mail all of the Spotlighters to promote to their networks.
9. Post the video to all 7 of my Social Media channels.
And that is it!
How is it working for us? Well, year to date, we are up 97% with a record 73% close ratio without 1 print ad.
In closing, also consider what Zig Ziglar said, “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.”